Hailing from exotic lands, Ipe wood is unquestionably in a league of its own. Beauty, durability, high density: nothing stands in its way, whether it be the most discerning of tastes or Quebec’s abrupt changes in weather. Ideal for the construction of elegant and sleek urban terraces, whether situated at ground level, on a rooftop or around a pool, Ipe wood’s absolute chic puts it in an outstanding class of its own.
This fine wood belongs to a wood species (Tabebuia) native to the South American tropics, from Mexico to Argentina. Renowned for its toughness, we recognize its dark tones with subtle orange accents, which immediately evoke the qualities of this exceptional species. Patio de ville delivers and installs it everywhere in the greater Montreal area.
- Prestigious solution
- Most robust hardwood on the market
- Longer lifespan than other wood species
- Perfect for saunas, spas, showers, and outdoor decks
- Inimitable finish and available in a variety of natural dark colors
- Smooth and completely devoid of irregularities
- 100% natural, without chemical additives
- Resistant to stains, mold, and rot
- Insect and termite-resistant
- Naturally fire-resistant
- Versatile and easy to install
- Minimal maintenance
In a nutshell
The ultimate luxury for terraces, patios, balconies, pergolas, and other prestige outdoor installations. Ipe wood is an exemplary choice for homeowners who wish to enjoy the marvels of a noble, natural, and singular material that will ride out trend cycles and withstand both time and harsh weather.
Its beauty, personality, and strength. Ipe wood can last 50, even 100 years. We appreciate its strong-minded character, nobility, and ultra-chic look. Also, the fact that its properties, consistency, and longevity outperform treated wood, cedar, and even composite wood. The bottom line: a one-of-a-kind wood for a one-of-a-kind environment.